Adani Wilmar Ltd is a joint venture between Adani Group and Wilmar Group of Singapore. It is engaged in the manufacturing of edible oil, wheat flour, rice, pulses and sugar. The company also owns the popular brand Fortune, which is the largest selling edible oil brand in India. It is one of the largest FMCG companies in India.
The company is a provider of edible oil vanaspati and specialty fats, offers soyabean oil sesame oil sunflower oil cottonseed oil groundnut oil mustard oil groundnut oil and coconut oil as well as vegetable ghee. The company offers its products through distributors super stockists brokers and other trade associates. It exports its products to the Middle East countries Southeast Asian countries Africa Ukraine and Ghana. The company has posted its Q4FY22 and year ended financial results today, the details are as below :
(I) Audited Consolidated Financial Results for Quarter Ended (YoY comparison):
The company has reported, a consolidated Total Income of ₹15,022.94 crore in the quarter ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹10,698.51 crore in the corresponding quarter ended last year on Mar 31, 2021, increased by 40.42%.
The company has posted a consolidated Net Profit of ₹234.29 crore in the quarter ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹315.00 crore in the corresponding quarter ended in last year on Mar 31, 2021. The PAT surges down by 25.62%.
The status of the EPS of the company stood at ₹2.01 as on March 31, 2022 compared to the previous quarter ended on Mar 31, 2021 which was ₹2.76, down by 27.17%.
|₹*||Mar 31, 2022 (Q4FY22)||Dec 31, 21 (Q3FY22)||Mar 31, 21 (Q4)|
|Total Tax /(credit)||79.05||83.77||(93.25)|
|PAT /(Loss) [to the owners]||234.29||211.41||315.00|
(II) Audited Consolidated Financial Result details for the Year Ended :
The company has reported, a consolidated Total Income of ₹54,385.89 crore in the financial year ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹37,194.69 crore for the financial year ended on Mar 31, 2021, increased by 46.22%.
The company has posted a consolidated Net Profit of ₹803.73 crore in the financial year ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹728.51 crore for the financial year ended on March 31, 2021. The PAT surges up by 10.33%.
The status of the EPS of the company stood at ₹6.89 as on March 31, 2022 compared to the previous year ended on March 31, 2021 which was ₹6.37, up by 8.61%.
|₹*||Mar 31, 2022 (FY22)||Mar 31, 2021 (FY21)|
|Total Tax /(credit)||284.41||103.26|
(III) Key Highlights about the Performance :
- EBITDA of ₹ 1,909 crore, up 34% y-o-y
- Consolidated volume stood at 4.80 MMT in 2022 compared to 4.46 MMT in 2021, registering a growth of 8%.
- The Food & FMCG portfolio stood at 0.64 MMT in 2022 compared to 0.47 MMT in 2021, registering a growth of 34%.
- Overall distribution now stands at 5,775 distributors with 65% being common for both oil & foods business. This translates into a reach of 1.7 million retail outlets spread across 6400+ towns in India.
- Food business has clocked Revenue of ₹ 2,621 crore in 2022 compared to ₹ 1,906 crore in 2021 registering a YoY growth of 38%.
- EBITDA of ₹ 488 crore, up 29% y-o-y
- Overall sales volume stood at 1.29 MMT, up 16% q-o-q
- Food & FMCG vertical sale volume at 0.18 MMT, up 33% q-o-q
- Added 12 New Fortune mart stores
- AWL launched Fortune Poha, 2 new variants of ready-to-cook Fortune Khichdi and Fortune Total Balance oil (3-in-1 blended oil) in FY22. These launches are in line with focus on expanding the value-added foods basket with health & wellness.
- Successfully launched 28 New Fortune Mart stores in FY22, taking the total count to 33, spread across India.
- D2C platform Fortune Online is currently live in 25 cities across India.
- Completed acquisition of a Rice mill in the state of West Bengal as a step in the direction to spread manufacturing footprint in food segment across India.
- Repaid long term borrowings to the tune of ₹ 937 crore from IPO proceeds in line with the objects of the Issue.
Shares of Adani Wilmar Ltd was last traded in BSE at ₹780.25 as compared to the previous close of ₹798.50. The total number of shares traded during the day was 2427284 in over 64574 trades.
The stock last hit in BSE,
- Intraday High of ₹ 782.90
- Intraday low of ₹ 749.00