Cipla Ltd is a leading pharmaceutical from India with presence across the world. It was established in 1935 as Chemical Industrial & Pharmaceutical Laboratories Ltd and changed to its current name in 1984. The company has a vast portfolio with more than 1,500 products in the market. On August 17, 1935 Cipla was registered as a public limited company with an authorized capital of ₹6 lakh. The company has posted its Q4FY22 and year ended financial results today, the details are as below :
(I) Audited Consolidated Financial Results for Quarter Ended (YoY comparison):
The company has reported, a consolidated Total Income of ₹5,324.35 crore in the quarter ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹4,666.58 crore in the corresponding quarter ended last year on Mar 31, 2021, increased by 14.10%.
The company has posted a consolidated Net Profit of ₹362.07 crore in the quarter ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹413.38 crore in the corresponding quarter ended in last year on Mar 31, 2021. The PAT surges down by 12.41%.
The status of the EPS of the company stood at ₹4.48 as on March 31, 2022 compared to the previous quarter ended on Mar 31, 2021 which was ₹5.12, down by 12.50%.
|₹*||Mar 31, 2022 (Q4FY22)||Dec 31, 21 (Q3FY22)||Mar 31, 21 (Q4FY21)|
|Total Tax /(credit)||71.11||295.16||128.22|
|PAT /(Loss) [to the owners]||362.07||728.60||413.38|
(II) Audited Consolidated Financial Result details for the Year Ended :
The company has reported, a consolidated Total Income of ₹22,044.25 crore in the financial year ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹19,425.58 crore for the financial year ended on Mar 31, 2021, increased by 13.58%.
The company has posted a consolidated Net Profit of ₹2,516.75 crore in the financial year ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹2,404.87 crore for the financial year ended on March 31, 2021. The PAT surges up by 4.65%.
The status of the EPS of the company stood at ₹31.17 as on March 31, 2022 compared to the previous year ended on March 31, 2021 which was ₹29.79, up by 4.63%.
|₹*||Mar 31, 2022 (FY22)||Mar 31, 2021 (FY21)|
|Total Tax /(credit)||933.80||888.76|
(III) Key Highlights about the Performance :
- In India business grew 21% YoY across branded prescription, trade generics and consumer health; 15% YoY growth adjusted for covid portfolio
- In SAGA (SOUTH AFRICA, SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA AND GLOBAL ACCESS) region grew by 8% YoY basis in USD terms; private business grew 17%
- US core formulation revenue at multi-quarter high of $160 Mn; 17% YoY growth
- Robust momentum in core formulation business; strong traction in respiratory assets as well as contribution from peptide assets
- EBITDA stood at ₹763 Cr; EBITDA Margin at 14.5% in Q4FY22
- EBITDA stood at ₹4,578 C; EBITDA Margin at 21.0% in FY22
Shares of Cipla Ltd was last traded in BSE at ₹926.25 as compared to the previous close of ₹937.55. The total number of shares traded during the day was 28013 in over 1656 trades.
The stock last hit in BSE,
- Intraday High of ₹ 935.80
- Intraday low of ₹ 919.00