Hindustan Unilever (HUL) is India’s largest fast moving consumer goods company, with leadership in Home & Personal Care Products and Foods & Beverages. HUL’s brands, spread across 20 distinct consumer categories, touch the lives of two out of three Indians.
In 1931, Unilever set up its first Indian subsidiary, Hindustan Vanaspati Manufacturing Company, followed by Lever Brothers India Limited (1933) and United Traders Limited (1935). These three companies merged to form HUL in November 1956; HUL offered 10% of its equity to the Indian public, being the first among the foreign subsidiaries to do so. Unilever now holds 52.10% equity in the company. The rest of the shareholding is distributed among about 360,675 individual shareholders and financial institutions.
The company has posted its Q4FY22 and year ended financial results today, the details are as below :
(I) Audited Consolidated Financial Results for Quarter Ended (YoY comparison):
The company has reported, a consolidated Total Income of ₹13,846 crore in the quarter ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹13,499 crore in the corresponding quarter ended last year on Mar 31, 2021, increased by 10.40%.
The company has posted a consolidated Net Profit of ₹2,304 crore in the quarter ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹2,297 crore in the corresponding quarter ended in last year on Mar 31, 2021. The PAT surges up by 5.40%.
The status of the EPS of the company stood at ₹9.81 as on March 31, 2022 compared to the previous quarter ended on Mar 31, 2021 which was ₹9.31, up by 5.37%.
|₹*||Mar 31, 2022 (Q4FY22)||Dec 31, 21 (Q3FY22)||Mar 31, 21 (Q4)|
|Total Tax /(credit)||814||698||803|
|PAT /(Loss) [to the owners]||2,304||2,186||2,297|
(II) Audited Consolidated Financial Result details for the Year Ended :
The company has reported, a consolidated Total Income of ₹52,704 crore in the financial year ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹47,438 crore for the financial year ended on Mar 31, 2021, increased by 11.40%.
The company has posted a consolidated Net Profit of ₹8,879 crore in the financial year ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹7,995 crore for the financial year ended on March 31, 2021. The PAT surges up by 11.06%.
The status of the EPS of the company stood at ₹37.79 as on March 31, 2022 compared to the previous year ended on March 31, 2021 which was ₹34.03, up by 11.05%.
|₹*||Mar 31, 2022 (FY22)||Mar 31, 2021 (FY21)|
|Total Tax /(credit)||2987||2606|
(III) Key Highlights about the Performance :
- During the quarter, the Turnover grew 10% with flat Underlying Volume Growth. HUL continues to grow significantly ahead of the market, gaining value and volume market shares.
- EBITDA margin at 24.6% remained healthy despite very high inflationary headwinds. Profit After Tax (PAT) grew 9%.
- Home Care growth at 24% was broad based with strong performance in Fabric Wash and Household Care. Both categories grew in strong double-digits with all parts of the portfolio performing well.
- Beauty & Personal Care grew competitively at 4%. Skin Cleansing delivered double digit growth driven by pricing and led by strong performance in ‘Lux’, ‘Dove’ and ‘Pears’. Hair Care continued its strong competitive performance in the quarter with all brands gaining shares.
- Foods & Refreshment grew 5% on a very high prior year comparator, driven by solid performance in Beverages, Foods, and Icecream. Tea continued its robust performance and grew competitively on an exceptionally high base. Health Food Drinks continued to gain market share and penetration on the back of focused market development actions and new communications
- Financial Year 2021-22: Turnover at ₹ 50,336 Crores grew 11% with underlying volume growth of 3%. EBITDA margin remained healthy at 24.8%, 20bps lower than FY’21. PAT at ₹. 8,818 Crores was up 11%. Our track record of strong cash generation continued in the year
- The Board of Directors of HUL have proposed a final dividend of ₹ 19 per share, subject to approval of shareholders at the AGM. Together with interim dividend of ₹ 15 per share, the total dividend for the year amounts to ₹ 34 per share.
Shares of Hindustan Unilever Ltd was last traded in BSE at ₹2148.15 as compared to the previous close of ₹2100.90. The total number of shares traded during the day was 114546 in over 10745 trades.
The stock of Hindustan Unilever last hit in BSE,
- Intraday High of ₹ 2157.70
- Intraday low of ₹ 2120.60