Indian Oil Corporation, a diversified, integrated energy major with presence in almost all the streams of oil, gas, petrochemicals and alternative energy sources; a world of high-calibre people, state-of-the-art technologies and cutting-edge R&D, practices a quality-consciousness and transparency.
Indian Oil recorded Revenue from Operations of ₹7,28,460 crores and a net profit of ₹24,184 crores for the financial year 2021-22. Now, the company has posted its Q1FY23 financial results today, the details are as below :
(I) Unaudited Consolidated Financial Results for Quarter Ended (QOQ comparison):
The company has reported, a consolidated Total Income of ₹2,56,004.60 crore in the quarter ended on June 30, 2022 as against ₹ crore in the last quarter ended on Mar 31, 2022, increased by 22.12%.
The company has posted a consolidated Net Loss of ₹(279.38) crore in the quarter ended on March 31, 2022 as against Profit of ₹6,645.72 crore in the previous quarter ended on June 30, 2022. The PAT surges down to loss by 104.20%.
The status of the EPS of the company stood at ₹(0.20) as on March 31, 2022 compared to the previous quarter ended on June, 2022 which was ₹4.83, down by 104.14%.
|₹*||June 30, 2022 (Q1FY23)||Mar 31, 2022 (Q4FY22)|
|Total Tax /(credit)||460.65||2802.24|
|PAT /(Loss) [to the owners]||(279.38)||6,645.72|
(II)Unaudited Consolidated Financial Results for Quarter Ended (YoY comparison):
The company has reported, a consolidated Total Income of ₹2,56,004.60 crore in the financial year ended on June 30, 2022 as against ₹1,57,018.41 crore for the same quarter ended on last year June 30, 2021 that increased by 63.04%.
The company has posted a consolidated Net Loss of ₹(279.38) crore in the financial year ended on June 30, 2022 as against Profit of ₹6,109.69 crore for the same quarter ended on last year June 30, 2021. The PAT crashes down by 104.57%.
The status of the EPS of the company stood at ₹(0.20) as on June 30, 2022 compared to the quarter ended on last year June 30, 2021 which was ₹4.44, down by 104.50%.
|₹*||June 30, 2022 (Q1FY23)||June 30, 2021 (Q1FY22)|
|Total Tax /(credit)||460.65||1889.52|
|PAT /(Loss) [to the owners]||(279.38)||6,109.69|
(III) Key Highlights about the Performance :
- Average Gross Refining Margin (GRM) for the period April- June 2022 is $31.81 per barrel (April- June 2021: $6.58 per barrel). The core GRM or the current price GRM for the period April -June 2022 after offsetting inventory loss or gain comes to $25.34 per barrel. However, the suppressed marketing margins of certain petroleum products have offset the benefit of increase in GRM.
- Net Profit Margin [Profit after Tax / Revenue from Operations](%) stood at 0.35% as on Q1FY23, 3.39% on Q4FY22 and 3.92% as on Q1FY22.
- Revised shares held under “IOC Shares Trust” of face value ₹349.68 crore has been excluded from paid-up Equity Share Capital post bonus issue.
- Net Worth [Equity Share Capital+ Other Equity (including OCI)] (₹ in Crore) ₹1,34,317.05 Cr on June 30, 2022 as against ₹1,33,535.18 Cr on Mar 30, 2022, hence a rise of 0.585% and Net Worth stood at ₹1,20,244.95 Cr in the prev quarter ended last year on June 31, 2021.
- Domestic Sales of products grew 5.44%, Export sales up 10.12% and Pipelines sales increased by 9.25% QOQ.
|Product Sales (in MMT*)||Q1FY23||Q4FY22||Q1FY22|
|Pipelines Throughput (incl. Gas Pipelines)||24.649||22.561||20.491|
The stocks of Indian Oil Corp last hit in BSE,
- Intraday High of ₹ 73.25
- Intraday low of ₹ 72.10