Meerut Budaun Expressway Pvt. Ltd., an SPV and the Wholly-owned Subsidiary of IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd. (IRB Infra), has achieved Financial Closure for the ambitious Ganga Expressway Group 1 Greenfield BOT project in the State of Uttar Pradesh.
The project is to Build, Operate and Transfer the six lane Greenfield Expressway corridor of 129.700 Kms (expandable to eight lanes) between Meerut and Budaun in Uttar Pradesh, with a cost outlay of Rs.6,538 Crs.
With this, all the projects in the portfolio have been financially closed, which helps the Company in focusing on upcoming opportunities in the sector.
The highlights of the Project and Financial Closure:
– The financial closure is achieved at the Project Cost of Rs. 6,538 Crs.
– Consortium of Lenders extends financial support of Rs. 2,659 Crs.
– Project entails equity infusion of Rs. 2,133 Crs by the Company and/ or its associate, i.e., IRB Infrastructure Trust.
– Project has Viability Gap Funding of Rs. 1,746 Crs.
– The project has concession period of 30 years (with provision of traffic linked extension of 6 years) including three years construction period.
– Company is set to start construction in full swing in next couple of months.