Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (formerly Maruti Udyog Ltd) is India’s largest passenger car company accounting for over 50% of the domestic car market. The company offers full range of cars from entry level Maruti Alto to stylish hatchback Ritz A-star Swift Wagon R Estillo and sedans DZire SX4 and Sports Utility vehicle Grand Vitara. The company is a subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation of Japan. The Japanese car major held 56.21% stake in Maruti Suzuki as on 31 December 2017.
Heralding an automotive revolution over the years, Maruti Suzuki has pioneered category defining design, technology and experience. From the Maruti Zen, Esteem, Omni to today’s Swift, Brezza, Baleno, Ciaz. The company has posted its Q4FY22 and year ended financial results today, the details are as below :
(I) Audited Consolidated Financial Results for Quarter Ended (YoY comparison):
The company has reported, a consolidated Total Income of ₹27,191.9 crore in the quarter ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹24,124.2 crore in the corresponding quarter ended last year on Mar 31, 2021, increased by 12.71%.
The company has posted a consolidated Net Profit of ₹1,875.8 crore in the quarter ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹1,241.1 crore in the corresponding quarter ended in last year on Mar 31, 2021. The PAT surges up by 51.14%.
The status of the EPS of the company stood at ₹62.10 as on March 31, 2022 compared to the previous quarter ended on Mar 31, 2021 which was ₹41.09, up by 51.13%.
|₹*||Mar 31, 2022 (Q4FY22)||Dec 31, 21 (Q3FY22)||Mar 31, 21 (Q4)|
|Total Tax /(credit)||363.5||209.9||142.5|
|PAT /(Loss) [to the owners]||1,875.8||1041.8||1,241.1|
(II) Audited Consolidated Financial Result details for the Year Ended :
The company has reported, a consolidated Total Income of ₹90,074.5 crore in the financial year ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹73,308.3 crore for the financial year ended on Mar 31, 2021, increased by 22.87%.
The company has posted a consolidated Net Profit of ₹3,879.5 crore in the financial year ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹4,389.1 crore for the financial year ended on March 31, 2021. The PAT surges down by 11.61%.
The status of the EPS of the company stood at ₹128.43 as on March 31, 2022 compared to the previous year ended on March 31, 2021 which was ₹145.30, down by 15.01%.
|₹*||Mar 31, 2022 (FY22)||Mar 31, 2021 (FY21)|
|Total Tax /(credit)||817.7||931.9|
(III) Key Highlights about the Performance :
Quarter 4 (January-March), FY 2021-22
- The Company sold a total of 488,830 vehicles during the Quarter, lower by 0.7% compared to the same period previous year. In the Quarter, the sales in the domestic market stood at 420,376 units, a decline of 8% over that in Q4 FY21. The sales in the export market were at 68,454 units which is the highest ever in any Quarter.
- During the Quarter, the Company registered Net Sales of INR 255,140 million, an increase of 11.1% compared to the same period of the previous year.
- The prices of commodities such as steel, aluminium and precious metals witnessed an unprecedented increase during this year. The Company was forced to increase prices of vehicles to partially offset this impact. The Company continued to work on cost reduction efforts to minimize the impact on customers.
- With this, the operating profit for the Quarter stood at INR 17,796 million, a growth of 42.4% over that of Q4FY21.
Full Year (April-March), FY 2021-22
- The Company sold a total of 1,652,653 vehicles during the year, up 13.4% over the previous year.
- The sales in the domestic market stood at 1,414,277 units, an increase of 3.9% over FY 2020-21.
- The Company recorded its highest ever exports of 238,376 units in FY 2021-22 compared to 96,139 units in FY 2020-21. This was also about 62% higher than the peak exports in any financial year so far.
- During the period, the Company registered Net Sales of INR 837,981 million compared to INR 665,621 million in FY 2020-21.
- Despite a 26% increase in Net Sales, the Net Profit for the period declined by 11% over previous year to INR 37,663 million
Though the profit in FY 2021-22 was lower, the Board of Directors recommended a dividend of INR 60 per share (face value of INR 5 per share) compared to INR 45 per share in FY 2020-21. This is a special one-time gesture to thank shareholders for their patronage and support as the Company commemorates its 40th year since inception.
Shares of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd was last traded in BSE at ₹7887.95 as compared to the previous close of ₹7787.90. The total number of shares traded during the day was 25885 in over 3314 trades.
The stock last hit in BSE,
- Intraday High of ₹ 7945.00
- Intraday low of ₹ 7630.55