Tata Chemicals Ltd is a global company with interests in businesses that focus on LIFE – living industrial and farming essentials. Tata Chemicals currently is the world’s third largest producer of soda ash with manufacturing facilities in Asia Europe Africa and North America. Tata Chemicals is the world’s third largest producer of sodium bicarbonate which has applications that range from food to pharmaceuticals to air pollution control.
Tata Chemicals is the pioneer and market leader in India’s branded Iodised salt segment. The company sells pulses and spices under the Tata Sampann brand. The company has posted its Q4FY22 and year ended financial results today, the details are as below :
(I) Audited Consolidated Financial Results for Quarter Ended (YoY comparison):
The company has reported, a consolidated Total Income of ₹3,586.91 crore in the quarter ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹2,700.72 crore in the corresponding quarter ended last year on Mar 31, 2021, increased by 32.81%.
The company has posted a consolidated Net Profit of ₹438.17 crore in the quarter ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹11.77 crore in the corresponding quarter ended in last year on Mar 31, 2021. The PAT surges up magnificently by 3,622.77%.
The status of the EPS of the company stood at ₹17.20 as on March 31, 2022 compared to the previous quarter ended on Mar 31, 2021 which was ₹0.46, up by 3,639.13%.
|₹*||Mar 31, 2022 (Q4FY22)||Dec 31, 21 (Q3FY22)||Mar 31, 21 (Q4)|
|Total Tax /(credit)||42.85||66.08||51.11|
|PAT /(Loss) [to the owners]||438.17||310.33||11.77|
(II) Audited Consolidated Financial Result details for the Year Ended :
The company has reported, a consolidated Total Income of ₹12,878.10 crore in the financial year ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹10,434.22 crore for the financial year ended on Mar 31, 2021, increased by 23.42%.
The company has posted a consolidated Net Profit of ₹1,257.62 crore in the financial year ended on March 31, 2022 as against ₹256.37 crore for the financial year ended on March 31, 2021. The PAT surges up by 390.55%.
The status of the EPS of the company stood at ₹49.37 as on March 31, 2022 compared to the previous year ended on March 31, 2021 which was ₹10.06, up by 390.76%.
|₹*||Mar 31, 2022 (FY22)||Mar 31, 2021 (FY21)|
|Total Tax /(credit)||266.48||197.77|
(III) Key Highlights about the Performance :
- Salt Volumes grew 5.30% in Q4 YoY
- Q4FY22 Consolidated EBITDA grew by 133%
- Q4FY22 Standalone Revenue grew by 33% vs PY and EBITDA grew by 68%
- Q4FY22 Gross Debt as on Mar22 is ₹ 7,025 Cr
- The Company proposed dividend of ₹ 12.5 per share
- Global soda ash supply remained tight with all plants running at high operating rates
- Limited capacity addition expected in the near to medium term
- Energy and other input costs continue to be elevated
- Realisations largely driven by market dynamics and input costs
- Glass remains the largest segment in US and Kenya units
- Detergents is the largest segment in India
- Net Debt stood at ₹4,233 Cr as on Mar2022, and ₹3,827 Cr as on Mar2021 hence, increased by 10.60%
Shares of Tata Chemicals Ltd was last traded in BSE at ₹958.95 as compared to the previous close of ₹962.10. The total number of shares traded during the day was 40891 in over 2158 trades.
The stock last hit in BSE,
- Intraday High of ₹ 969.85
- Intraday low of ₹ 949.00